A Collection of demos from "That Cold Grey Light". All are live, most are first takes. All Proceeds will go to Philadelphia Community Bail Fund.
1.Death and the Lady - First practice with hannah. Recorded in the basement of the beehive on a zoom recorder
2. Coastline - Shaina singing the lyrics while Ben manipulates a tapeloop of snippits of ross' improvs.
Recorded at Studio BLIGHT during a rainy night in the summer of 19
at trinity house
3. Pint Of My Blood - Ben was improving on the pump organ at the trinity house. Shaina started singing the lyrics for
pint of my blood. This is from the first day but a few takes in. Zoom Recorder/Shaina's iphone merged
4. Flowers in Water - Original version of "A Pure and Radiant Joy". The music was orginally supposed to be the music
for "Death and the Lady". First practice at the beehive recorded on the faithful zoom recorder.
5. Moment of Doubt - Ross started playing a piano part to make fun of documentary soundtracks which shaina tried out two sets
of lyrics to while waiting for hannah to arrive to what would be our first practice with her. We all loved the lyrics
"there is no way out just moments of peace and moments of doubt" so it stuck. Zoom recorder.
6. Vague as a Prayer - Known to the band as "Walk in the Woods" this is the oldest song on the album recorded on Ross' phone
at his old apartment in West Philly
7. Song Of Death - Ross and Hannah working out a new version of "Death and the Lady" at Hannah's house a few weeks before the pandemic hit
8. Rote Kapelle - Ross and Ben were asked to do a live score to a dance piece by Carola Fuchs in June of 2019. The piece
centered around a piano, tape loop and synth score that was partially improved partially scored. Since only the duo could
make the trip Ben made tape loops of Hannah and Shaina and of some found sounds in Vienna (Church bells, Construction).Upon
return the tape loops evolved in to the songs "Red Chapel" and "Coast Line"
Cover Photo by Ross Lipton